Introduction to MRP - 3 Day Workshop
This three day MRP workshop provides broad skills in material requirements planning.
Attendees will receive a broad understanding of the mechanics of MRP and its influence on cost and schedule.
Students will learn how the interactions of manufacturing organizations and processes affect inventories, operations and deliveries.
We will also cover inventory ordering methods, policies, lot sizes and the elements of Class A MRP operations.
Students will gain an excellent understanding of the major functions and terminology within the realm of material requirements planning.
They will gain skills to help reduce material costs, improve operational efficiency and increase customer satisfaction.
They will also gain detailed knowledge into the planning processes of MRP including requirements planning, inventory management, order management and bill of materials.
Attendees will be given tips to take back to make immediate improvements in material planning.
This is a great learning opportunity for material planning, purchasing, engineering, operations & IT.
- Operations Management Foundations
- Introduction to Manufacturing Management
- Manufacturing Product Structures (Bills of Materials)
- Basics of Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Managing with MRP
- Capacity Planning and Management
- Production Activity Control
- Advanced Scheduling
- Lean Production Management
- Reduced inventory and lower manufacturing cost
- Increase on-time shipments
- Reduce confusion and conflict, higher job satisfaction
- More accurate visibility of job status
- Shorter manufacturing lead times
- Reduced job splits and better work flow
- Improved decision making and fewer meetings
- Improved use of your MRP system
- A more accurate and reliable MRP system
- More accurate product costs
- Lower direct labor costs and reduced WIP
- Improved capacity planning
Course Duration: 3 days
Contact us to schedule this course for your company.
Phone Gene Brockmeier at (316) 655-8748 or