This workshop provides a great understanding of the detailed activities within the realm of field warehouse inventory management.
Attendees will learn techniques to better plan materials to reduce shortages and obsolete materials.
We will focus primarily on independent demand items typically found in field warehouses.
We will study aggregate and item level inventory management.
We will study inventory ordering methods and rules to reduce inventory investment and improve customer service.
Topics to improve warehouse management including lean warehouse management techniques.
This detailed course is a great a tremendous learning experience for those engaged in
material planning, warehouse management, purchasing and operations of field service inventory.
Students will gain a detailed understanding of the cost and flow of inventory.
They will be able to apply techniques to reduce inventory cost, smooth inventory flow and reduce shortages.
Attendees will gain a better understanding of inventory management, warehousing and sourcing techniques.
This is a great learning experience for operations, material planners, purchasing and information technology.
- Introduction to Inventory Management
- Item Level Inventory Control
- Understanding Material Demand
- The flow of Materials
- Aggregate Inventory Management
- Financial Aspects of Inventory
- Item Planning Parameters
- ABC Inventory Management
- Safety Stock & Demand Variation
- Lead Time Variation
- Ordering Methods
- Inventory Accuracy
- Best Warehouse Practices
- Opportunities for Improvement
- Reduced physical inventory and cost
- Reduced shortages
- Reduce confusion and conflict, higher job satisfaction
- More accurate visibility of inventory status
- Better material flow
- Improved decision making and fewer meetings
- Improved material planning processes
- Improved use of your material planning software
- More accurate inventory value
- Lower direct labor costs
Course Duration: 2 days
Contact us to schedule this course for your company!
Phone Gene Brockmeier at (316) 655-8748 or