This is a terrific, one day material planning workshop provides critical basic skills for people involved with material planning decision making!
This workshop will cover the basic analysis and decision making skills for planners which will enable them to make optimum item level decisions.
We will review the business activities and data that provide a solid platform for effective material planning including ABC inventory classification.
Attendees will receive a detailed understanding of material planning.
Alternate options to material planning will be discussed including MRP, Re-order point, Periodic Review, Visual review and Kanban.
We will present and discuss sources of critical data that affect scheduling and capacity planning.
Attendees will gain skills to help reduce material costs, improve operational efficiency and increase customer satisfaction.
This is a great learning opportunity for material planning, purchasing, engineering, operations & IT.
- Material flow
- Material demand
- Activies and data which support effective material planning
- Ordering options
- Material requirements planning (MRP)
- Order point ordering
- Visual review
- Kanban ordering
- Reduced inventory and lower manufacturing cost
- Increase on-time shipments
- Reduce confusion and conflict, higher job satisfaction
- More effective material planning and ordering
- Fewer stockouts
- Improved decision making and fewer meetings
- Improved use of your MRP system
- A more accurate and reliable MRP system
- Improved work order scheduling and capacity planning
Course Duration: 1 day
Contact us to schedule this course for your company.
Phone Gene Brockmeier at (316) 655-8748 or